Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hyperjaxb3 Release 0.2

Yesterday I've released Hyperjaxb3 version 0.2.

It was a very long way, but finally we've managed to produce a version which can be presented to the public.

I've managed to overcome most of the JPA limitations (take a look at the reference, I describe those in quite a detail) and make Hyperjaxb3 support a really large set of schemas.

The project is very well tested. By testing I mean real integration testing with roundtrips. It's not about that schemas are just compiled or something. I do test that sample XML data survives unmarshalling-storing-loading-marshalling without loss.

Hyperjaxb3 is (well, relatively) well-documented. We also provide sample projects for Ant and Maven so I hope you can get started really quickly.

I was yesterday asked if the project is production-ready. My answer is yes. Runtime code is minimal and quite stable. Correctness of the generated annotations is checked by numerous tests. Documentation and sample projects available. Therefore I can answer - yes, it is ready for production.

Still, it's 0.2. I'll work to support more schemas, more customizations and tuning options.
I also plan to support vendor-specific extensions. However these modules may be released as a commercial product (I'm not sure yet).

So you are welcome. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aleksei, this is excellent work. I'm testing it with a bioinformatics schema and was very surprised to see thousands of records loaded into tens of tables with minimal effort.
Thanks for putting it together.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home