Monday, July 28, 2008

Hyperjaxb3 0.4 to be released pretty soon

Hi everyone,

I'm writing now just to inform you guys on the process.


Last few month I was intensively working on Hyperjaxb3 version 0.4 and now it's ready. This version has gone through a large refactoring. I'll post the details in the release description but here's a couple of hightlights:

  • Previously HJ3 could only generate JPA annotations. The 0.4 version can also generate ORM mappings as XML resources (in this schema).

  • New version introduced global customizations. Now you can customize generated mappings globally. For instance, you can instruct Hyperjaxb3 to map complex collections as many-to-many (instead of default one-to-many), choose between join-column or join-table association strategies per default and many other things.
  • I've added more tests, more sample and template projects to help people start with HJ3 more easily.



As I said, HJ3 version 0.4 is ready and you can get it from the dev.java.net Maven2 repository. Next days I'll be working on documentation and release description, so it's not an "official" release yet. Stay tuned.

ps. Along with HJ3 version 0.4 there's also new versions of Annox and Jaxb2-commons available.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi ALEKSEI VALIKOV,
i found the doc in glassfish wiki is still about Hyperjaxb3 0.3. Where can i find more information about 0.4? I want to find out whether i can set the inheritance strategy.

Thanks alot

Ting Wang

12:22 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

is an ant sample package close to being available for 0.4?

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Lexi,

I'm a newbie to Hyperjaxb. I tried to use this technology to create entities out of xsd-files.

Unfortunately, Hyperjaxb3 does not generate the same code for the entity, if I run it multiple times on the same input (xsd-file).

Do I make something wrong, or this is the expected behaviour of xjc?

You know, I need the same entities as I generate some ddl-scripts out of the entities afterwards (using hibernatetools).

Thanks for your reply.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Kiran said...

Hi Lexi,
I am acutally stuck up while adding hibernate search annotations to my schema generated classes.I am using Hyperjaxb3.
It neither giving me any errors nor adding the annotations..
Also I am able to add the normal annotations (@Deprecated etc)..
Please Help

1:08 AM  
Blogger Ted Malaska said...

Hi Aleksei Valikov,

I recently found your hyperjaxb3 project. Four years ago I built a similar thing using caster instead of jaxb. I now wish I used Jaxb, but let me get to the point.

Our system is view is very mature and support the following things that Hyperjaxb3 may not.
1. Creates tables with a one to one relationship in the same table to make the database as fast as possible.
2. Allows for injecting persist or transform logic before data gets to the database.
3. Allows adding metadata columns to the top most table.
4. Allows for different persisting engines hibernate/sqlloader/...
5. Can import a 4G XML file in 20 minutes from a centrino laptop to an oracle database.

Let me know if I or the current developer on the project could be of help to your project.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home